This week, we dashed forward.
We are hoping to have trailer out by the end of this week (Friday 10/13),
During the RIT Game Developers Club meeting this week, we were able to run ta nice play test this week, and got a lot of great feedback!
- Bomb has too large of a range
- Dash doesn’t feel like it pushes you enough
- More content! Especially maps!
- The UI and color scheme need to be more unified!
- Camera movement in the Y axis is far to dramatic
- The crown should be more noticeable to the players, especially when it changes
Now what change did we make to improve on that?
- Did a pass on the different values for the abilities, making the bomb range lower and the dash force greater
- Created a level select screen using scriptable objects for quick and easy level creation!
- Locked the camera movement in the Y axis, which may need to change in the future depending on how large the maps are
- Started working on a second map!
The UI and color scheme is something that really needs to be worked on, but there is a real internal struggle on what palette and style to go with.
Along with all the new stuff I need to do based on the feedback that I got, most of the work that I have done this past week has been optimization work. By deleting some much un-needed faces on some of the models like the tree and walls, and marking them as static objects in the world, I managed a significant boost in FPS.
Overall I am quite happy with the progress this week! We are dabbling with the idea of setting a mid-November ‘release’ date, since I am participating in two game jams over the course of October, which is going to give me a lot of time to work on this project.